(Updated: 12:00 p.m. EST, March 18, 2020)
Topic: With President Donald Trump's announcement Wednesday that Canada and the United States will shut down their shared "all non-essential" traffic to help curb the spread of coronavirus, details have surfaced about what the border controls. will still be allowed the deal.
- The status of the deal has not yet been announced, but CBC News reported that the deal will be implemented stop tourists from crossing the border shopping and entertainment but will allow Canadian citizens in the United States to return home, allowing some commercial traffic to continue at the intersection.
- According to him Washington Post, Citizens and legal residents of the United States are allowed to cross from Canada to Canada.
- It is reported that officials from both countries Hopefully the steps will only be short-lived.
- This news follows the announcement of Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau on Monday that Canada will take place. Close its borders to all foreign nationals except those in America that start on Wednesday– but said it would be reviewed.
- Both Trudeau said Monday and Trump on Wednesday said the border between Canada and the United States would not apply to trade between the two countries.
Original key: Closing the largest military border in the world It shows exactly how the United States and Canada governments are taking the tragedy, as proven cases are increasing daily in both countries. Both the United States and Canada have reported an increasing number of cases of coronavirus infection. On Wednesday Johns Hopkins University 6,519 confirmed cases and 115 deaths were reported in the United States, 598 confirmed cases and 8 deaths in Canada. Tuesday, in both Ontario and Alberta counties declared by the immediate provinces that will continue at least by the end of March, bringing the total number of Canadian public health emergencies to five.
What to watch: Like US-specific coronavirus relief kits, Officers of Canada announced a $ 19 billion aid package Wednesday by increasing funds for unemployment insurance & # 39; and the lack of benefits for children, so that the people of Canada to follow the recommendations of health professionals to stay home. In this regard, the government will do it delaying nearly $ 45 billion in tax revenue, they said. It follows the government has pledged nearly $ 700 million for medical resources to combat the virus and economic stabilization assistance, along with nearly $ 7 billion in credit lines to support the business, according to City News Toronto.